Author Topic: Letitia Alston  (Read 8665 times)

Joe Piazzo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letitia Alston
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:48:19 PM »
Letitia Alston felt she was prepared for the imminent passing of her father. What she wasn't prepared for was the murder of her brother.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:32:06 PM by Grieving Center »

Jason

Re: Letitia Alston
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »
A very moving story.  How incredibly difficult to lose two close family members in such a short span of time.  The Grieving Center does remarkable work as Letitia testifies.   Even those of us not in New York can take comfort in these situations, thanks to these videos and articles.   Blessings on all. 

Sheila

Re: Letitia Alston
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
Letitia is my cousin and we were devastated by the news of her father's declining health and the murder of my cousin NeAndre. I vacationed with my uncle one year and several months later he passed. It was extremely hard to digest how you can be with someone one minute and lose them the next.  Losing two family members in a matter of months was very difficult. Working in the Bereavement dept., I hear many sad stories.  The Grieving Center has taught me so much about grief and how everyone handles grief differently. I am glad that I was able to aide my family in the right direction and that the staff was very supportive of my uncle and that I am part of an organization that reaches out to families as well as the community in their time of need.  At the end of the day, I feel like I  have made a difference in someone's life.  Peace, Love, and Happiness.