Author Topic: Loss of past pets  (Read 8312 times)

diertz

Loss of past pets
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »
The loss of a favorite dog, cat, bird, or other cherished animal may not be as profound as the passing of a relative or friend.  That being said, the death of a puppy, kitten or "old piece" can cause severe symptoms of grief to the "masters" of such animals.  I'm encouraged to note that such grief is finally being acknowledged.  When you've raised a pet through "teenage", you become strongly attached.  The end of that relationship is bound to cause sadness, depression, anxiety and a host of other physical ailments, as well as to serve as a reminder of of our own mortality.  I hope others who have experienced such loss as I have, over the years, will share their stories.  There are many who are in pain.

ralph9cooper

Re: Loss of past pets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:41:01 AM »
I lost my dog named "Dobby" last month. I was very upset with it. Dobby was 12 year old. One of our family friend gifted Dobby when he was of 2 month old and I was a kid. I was very emotionally attached to him. Me and my family missed him a lot, but now we have new little Dobby at our home.