Author Topic: Earle Hyman  (Read 22726 times)

Joe Piazzo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Earle Hyman
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
Earle Hyman has been an acclaimed actor for many years, most notably as Bill Cosby's father, Mr. Huxtable on the Bill Cosby Show.  Losing his partner of 50 years was the most challenging role of his life.  Hospice acted as his supporting cast. In a two-part video he explains how he has evolved during the intense hospice experience and through the profound and on going grieving process.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:39:01 AM by wpurdy »

pdierson

Re: Earle Hyman
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »
An excellent account of how losing a loved one will affect all of us in our lifetimes and how, when that time comes, we can seek the strength and assistance to help us move onward with that loss. 

IN

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »
Earle Hyman is using his experience with grief and Hospice to help, and guide others.  He is a man I have admired for many years.  I met him when we were taking a Norwegian class together many years ago and I have been a fan ever since.  He and I both have a love for Norway, where my mom came from as did his friend Rolf.

I know that he does not remember me yet  I wish to thank him for sharing his experience with me and others who will hear his testimonial.    It is not easy losing a loved one, and worse when you watch them die.   My mom died a little over two years ago.  I had refused to let Hospice come in until the very end.   If I knew then what I know now, I rejected any kind of help, especially emotional, for I thought  I could cope. I would have welcomed them earlier on in her illness.   Not only to ease her pain, but also my anger.   To hear about the support Mr Hyman received both emotional and the after help should bring comfort and conformation to anyone considering Hospice care.   

Reverend Purdy I also wish to thank you for leading me to this web site, I will take time to read and listen to what it has to offer.  Hopefully the next time I have to handle the death of a love one I will find support and comfort here.

Inger

Cassandra Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »
Earle Hyman is my uncle (mother's brother) and I just ran across this site on the web. Just wanted to let Uncle Earle know how much we love him and share in his sadness. He has loss both of his sisters and his brother and we know how alone he must feel at times. I was named Cassandra after his grandmother who was a Tuscarora Medicine Woman. I bear the name proudly. I am not sure if he has ever mentioned his Native American roots which run deep. We are a proud people and our beliefs in death are not as gloom and doom as other cultures. Uncle Earle know that Rolf is always there with you and know he will always be. We miss you and want you to know we are here for you always.

Your niece,
Cassandra (Jade) Buffalo Heart Woman :)