Author Topic: Creativity and Grieving  (Read 4698 times)

Draskull

Creativity and Grieving
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »
Greetings
 My wife passed away December of 2009 of long term fight with much pain and illness. She was a prolific artist in her life. Ironically I am an artist too and that's how I make my living. She was my best friend and companion for 22 years. My creativity has been destroyed by grieving. Its a bad thing because I need to pay the bills but I am out of creative gas. I was her care giver for ten years. Slept apart for 8 years.
Recently I am packing to move, I have been sorting all of her art work and taking pictures of mine as well.
I have a constant stream of tears while do this, I make myself do it.
Don't even know why I am sharing,
I am alone, and don't how or who I am suppose to be anymore.
just feeling numb
Michael

bernacj21

Re: Creativity and Grieving
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »
Life would be tough after a long happiness with your loved one and suddenly cut by some unavoidable circumstances. Life must go on Michael. Life is an art as the things you and your wife were into. If you don't finish your art, then it wouldn't be a beautiful creation. If you stop living, then life would all be a mess for you. Cheer up. Your wife is at rest now after a long time of suffering from illness. What can you do for now is to continue living as if your wife is watching over you. Remember, that life ends when you ended it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:42:51 PM by bernacj21 »