Author Topic: When will the madnes stop? - Mumbai Mayhem  (Read 7290 times)

naresharya

When will the madnes stop? - Mumbai Mayhem
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »
Saturday, November 29, 2008

Once again ordinary innocent people in the city of Mumbai have lost their lives for reasons they will never know simply because they happened to be caught in the cross hairs of mayhem & senseless violence perpetrated by retarded radicals fighting for a cause that they themselves are not able to understand or elucidate.

Innocent people from all walks of life and from all over the world and senior distinguished police officers of Mumbai & other Indian para military forces have had to involuntarily sacrifice their lives in the line of duty, stemming from senseless actions of a minority group groping in the dark. The life long suffering now to be faced by their loved ones left behind is nothing short of an emotional incarceration whose pain can never be gauged.

Three icons of Mumbai, the Taj & Oberoi Hotels & CST railway terminus have been permanently scarred and become involuntary battlegrounds on which suicidal missions are being carried out by misguided sects with the end result being fanning of more hatred we all know and are too familiar with.Rabbi Gavriel Noach Holtzberg, Mumbai city's envoy for the community, and his wife were among the dead in a Jewish community center known as Chabad House.This was the Indian chapter of Chabad-Lubavitch International of the United States.Chabad house also known as Nariman House is the Mumbai headquarters of the Chabad, a Hasidic Jewish movement.

People in India by the grace of the almighty have become accustomed to facing tsunamis of all kinds. We were still reeling from the shell shock of the recent global financial tsunami that had descended upon us and Mumbaikars (Citizens of Mumbai) have this senseless terrorist act unfolding upon them. It is still not over and I suspect the toll may still increase. As I write I have been given to understand that about 160 people have lost their lives and more than 350 injured.

I hope and pray it ends soon without further bloodshed.

God please deliver us from this madness. I haven?t switched my allegiance to the simians as yet. Human beings are probably the only race in the universe who subscribe to self destruction. We all need to do atonement and seriously rethink about the meaning of co-existence. Are we so desperate to extinguish the human candle permanently and embrace darkness.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:50:38 PM by naresharya »

wpurdy

Mumbai is Grieving
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:31 AM »
Dear Naresh --

Your blog about your feelings in the midst of last weekend's terror attacks in Mumbai has real poignancy because you are there.  Thank you for keeping the rest of us informed about how the city is dealing with grief.  Your initial reaction was powerful.  Everyone I know -- and I imagine all who visit this site -- feel for what you are going through.  Please blog some more here and let us know your perspective in these days of global bereavement.   

WP     

diertz

Re: When will the madnes stop? - Mumbai Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »
Dear Naresh,

Your report from Mumbai filled me with awe.  It is painful that your city has joined the ranks of global terrorism targets.  We have now become so globalized, it is even more important that we learn to live among each other and respect other's beliefs  - as you rightly aver.  Alas, already the manifestation of grief includes vengeful hatred and the desire for even more violence.  This is why the madness will be long before stopping.  I grieve that so few people are now empowered to create such havoc and manipulate the emotions and politics of masses of others.
TD

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:32:23 PM by diertz »

JinYin_Thew

Re: When will the madnes stop? - Mumbai Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:54:25 AM »
World must be united against terrorist ... Sri Lanka too the first step, by defeating the LTTE terrorism. And now Afgan and other armies are hitting hard for Thalleiban (sorry if spellings are incorrect). World must act and get rid this terrorism forever.