Author Topic: loss my brother  (Read 5965 times)

bertha

loss my brother
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
I lost my brother 4 mos. ago and its been very hard to deal with grieve. My bother was murdered and there's been no arrest. I live in the Los Angeles, California area where people are killed everyday by gangs. My brother was a victim of a driveby shooting. I have read books/articles on grieving but nothing really helps. I want to be able to chat with other people who are in the same situation. Are they willing to talk?? Please respond I need help!!!

gmak

Re: loss my brother
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:52:14 AM »
Hello, so sorry for your loss of your brother. I lost my sister 2 weeks ago from an accidental drug over-dose. She was 52.  I also lost my oldest brother to aids related lymphoma in 1989, and as horrible as that was, this loss was much worse because it was so unexpected and senseless....like your brother.  I am praying that this heartache and hole in my soul will ease some with time as I don't know how I will live the rest of my life like this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

nina

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
im very sorry to hear about your brother.  i lost my brother to fentalnol poisoning. not an easy thing to deal with, and the city docs it as a drug overdose. life does not get any easier at least it feels that way. he was 29 and im the same age. i can try and help as much as i can. i can understand the feeling of loss and it is the worst. why does it have to happer to the best ones.  im not saying he was a saint. but at least everyone smiled when he was w him. you will find the strength to heal its going to take some time but what else do we have. i try and focus on the positive side of everything. pray to him every night before i go to bed i know he is listening, and if hes not so what it makes me feel beeter to think he is.

bigsis

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
I lost my brother 2 months ago.
His wife shot him in the top of the head while he was asleep.
All I hear is poor thing.  What was she going through to do this?
My brother was a sweet and loving father to his 4 little girls (10 yr old twins, 4yrs, 2 yrs).
He was 35 and my baby brother.  I miss him so bad.  His wife is walking free on bond and brother is gone forever.