Author Topic: My brother.....  (Read 3908 times)

Jeremylo

My brother.....
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
Although this doesn't quite fit in the "sibling" section..... I consider my best friend to be my brother - if anything something more.

I remember the day i found out that my best friend passed away.... I was on my balcony studying for my SAT's when my mom came up to me and said she had gotten a message from my his mom but couldn't make out what she was saying. So she handed me the phone and I listened to the message..... His mom said that he had gotten into a terrible accident, and i couldn't make out the rest of the sentence..... So i immediately went to my room get dressed and was ready to head to the hospital. My mom stopped me before i left while she had just called his mom back. All she said was "Oh my gosh - we loved him" and started sobbing. I knew at that instant what had happened....

We grew up together, since kindergarten we had been best friends. We were closer than anybody that i knew. I didn't know any siblings that shared a stronger bond than we did and thats why i call him my brother. He passed away when were 17 years old on september 24th 2007 - i didn't find out until the 25th....

I found a few quotes that i found to be quite touching:

We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry....

"The best part of life is when your family becomes your friends, and your friends become your family."
---Danica Whitfield

Also.... I hope that me putting this in the sibling section doesn't offend anybody.....

anyways.... thanks for listening.....