Author Topic: To cope...  (Read 8323 times)

katie

To cope...
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:24:36 AM »
One way I have found to cope with my best friends death was talking about her and sharing her story with other friends.  My friend Kaitlyn passed away last year at the age of only 17. She was driving to run errands for her mother at 8:45pm and she lost control of her car. She went off the road, hit a ditch, and rolled her car 2 and a half times. She wasn't wearing her seat belt so she was ejected from her car and the car rolled on top of her head. Her boyfriend was in the car with her. He was wearing his seat belt so he left the accident without a scratch. I wear a bracelet with her name and her dates on it and people always ask about it. I don't have any problem talking about the tradgey that changed my life forever! It is almost a weight that is lifted off of my chest.

So I recommend, if possible, to talk about it to anyone and everyone. I can guarantee you will feel better once you can talk about it. It took me 5 months before I could talk about it and not cry. 

***ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!!***
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:39:17 AM by wpurdy »

pammygb

Re: To cope...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »
What a very touching and important message! Letting young ones know how important it is to wear their seatbelts is a very worth while task. I am so sorry for your loss.

healing07

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:12:23 AM »
ooh my god  . . it should not be happened if did then GOD atleast gave her chance to improve the correction  .. She will be missed . .

Raindrop

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »
One way I have found to cope with my best friends death was talking about her and sharing her story with other friends.
I'm sorry your friend died.

You at least sound as though you're dealing with it better now.

And you're right that talking to other people about the death of a friend or family member could be very helpful in the healing process.

I am glad you had people to listen to you talk about your friend.

My mother died about two years ago, but nobody wants to talk to me about it. People (including family members, sadly) avoid me. They won't return phone calls, or e-mail me to ask me how I'm doing.

I am thinking some of these people are afraid if they talk to me about my mom's death it will only make me more sad, but no, it hurts worse to be ignored and avoided like this.

Maybe some of them feel uncomfortable to be around someone who is mourning and that's why they don't check up on me. I don't care what their reasons or excuses are, I find it unloving and selfish.

Serena8Cowell

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »
Feeling very bad that you lost your friend...very touching message it is...

jackhadin05

It took me 5 months before I can talk about it and not weep.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
One way I have found to deal with my best friends death was in fact referring to this lady along with posting her tale along with other friends.  My buddy Kaitlyn died away previous year at just the age of singular 17. She had been in fact driving to run errands for this girl mom at just 8:45pm as well as also she missing control with this girl vehicle. She relocated off the street, hit a dump, along with rolled this girl vehicle 2 and additionally a one half circumstances. She was not wearing this woman seat belt so she had been ejected from this girl vehicle along with the vehicle rolled throughout the top of her head. Her date was indeed within the car along with her. He had been dressed in his seat belt so he kept the accident without any abrasion. I wear a band together along with her name and additionally also this girl dates on it and additionally also individuals always ask about it. I don't have just about any type of issue talking about the tragedy what kind of changed my life forever! It is almost a weight that is lifted off of my chest.
So I endorse, if possible, to talk about it to anyone and also everyone. I can guarantee one is going to feel better when you can speak about it. It took me 5 months before I can talk about it and not weep. 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:46:06 AM by EAM »