Author Topic: Grandson's Death and Son's Suicide  (Read 6209 times)

Joan O

Grandson's Death and Son's Suicide
« on: May 04, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
October 11, 2007, my Grandson, Paul2, passed away from a rare disease called Ehler's Danlos Syndrome.   The body does not produce collegen and the tissues become extremely thin.   We had him for two years after he was diagnosed by the Univ. of Penn. Hospital in Phila.  In November 2006 his Dad had Esophogeal Cancer Surgery and is still recovering.  February 11, 2008 just four months after losing Paul2, my oldest son, Ron2 committed suicide after taking the stop smoking drug, Chantix.   There have been additional things happening in our family which are monumental as well.   At this point I take one breath at a time and rely heavily upon GOD to see me through each second.   Without my faith, I do know I would not have my mind or health.   I'm seeking a support group that understands what I'm experiencing.   Right now, GOD is sending me others to help through their grieving process.   I'm a professional and work with an addictions counsellor as I'm a VoiceBio Sound Therapist.   I have three other children and seven grandchidren.  I'd appreciate any input.   Thank you for listening        Joan O

jill

Re: Grandson's Death and Son's Suicide
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
Dear Joan,

Our hearts go out to you and the rest of your family.  It is crucial to stay connected and reach out to others around you for solace. It's good to know you've done so via your family and church community. At times like these many people turn inward, but I want to applaud you for coming to the grieving center and sharing your traumatic experience with us.

Sincerely,

Jill.

grace

Re: Grandson's Death and Son's Suicide
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »
Dear Joan,
     What significant losses you have experienced in the past few months! There are others who would be able to relate to what you are going through, and you may find that the understanding and encouragement of a support group will offer comfort and healing.  If you are in the Philadelphia area and would like assistance in finding a support group, you may call our hospice at 215-581-2046 and ask to speak with our Bereavement Chaplain. She would be able to assist you in finding a group nearby.  You are wise to be reaching out for support.--Grace