Author Topic: A Hard Knock Life...  (Read 5585 times)

jill

A Hard Knock Life...
« on: May 09, 2008, 07:33:53 AM »
There was a wonderful surprise in my life earlier this year and her name was Elousie. She is a beautiful and feisty Tabby who had charm and class and disliked most people with the exception of me.  Every morning, when I came into work she would be waiting for me by the elevator, and then she would watch me walk toward my office door and come barreling down the hall to catch up with me.  For the rest of the day Elousie would follow me around or sit in my lap and give me Swedish massages with her tiny paws. Oh Elouise.

I found out today that she has cancer and I am devastated.

Elouise was a stray that the building owner found in the basement. He took her in and in turn she peed right on his desk while he was sitting at it. She was quickly booted out and taken in by one of the payroll ladies, but ended up spending her nights and weekends locked in a tiny office. Finally she was rescued again by one of the companies on our floor. Her life seemed better, but she was only happy with me - I think she knew I had allergies. Anyhoo, my allergies lessened as my love for her grew and who could say no to that purr of love and affection.

Unfortunately it wasn't long until she found herself back in the basement for the third time. A result of not one, but two ruined couches and some rugs.

I wanted to visit, but never did because I thought it would be too painful and now she has cancer.

Oh Elouise...

Sandy0Ross

Re: A Hard Knock Life...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »
Oh sorry to hear this news! I would suggest you need not worry. Just stay calm. She can get out of it if properly treated. Cancer can be totally cured if detected in time.
I know this post is quite old and i hope she must be quite ok now! My wishes are with you people.