Author Topic: Sudden death of dad, my best friend. Age 77  (Read 9370 times)

DaddysGirl1935

Sudden death of dad, my best friend. Age 77
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »
On Sept 19th, my dad came over like he does a few times a week.  Every time I hear his voice, my heart jumps with anticipation.  Whenever he is near, although I'm 50 years old, I'm instantly transformed into a little girl.  My dad was the strongest man in the world when he was younger.  When he is close I feel so protected an forget all the worries in the world.  My dad is goofy and seems more like a playmate at times than a father.  Make no mistake, if you do something wrong, did is the last person you would want to confess to.

He is the person you want to be with when you're sick.  He holds absolutely still when you are sleeping on him, no matter how asleep or numb his arms are. 

It just so happened that on Sept 19, 2012, when my dad came over, I curled up by his side, and under his arm, and fell asleep.  When I woke up, I remember thanking God for giving me Dad, who loves me as if I were 5 although I am 50. 

My dad went home that day, fell asleep in his favorite chair, and died.    On Sept 20, my uncle called me to say when he didn't show up for bowling, the went to his house and found him dead.  The authorities kept him there until I could get to his house and see him.  He looked like he was asleep.....peaceful and natural looking but he wouldn't wake up.

That's how I lost the first person I ever loved.  My advisor, my confidant, my playmate, my best friend.  I will never again feel his kisses.  He will never again make me giggle like a little girl nor will I be able to curl up in his lap and just feel the love radiating from his soul to mine. 
My dad helped me ride the storm at every one of my life's crises.  He was also there at every one of the moments of joy in my life. 

Now I have to deal with the biggest crisis of my life without him.....and I don't know what to do...........

MikiDragon

Re: Sudden death of dad, my best friend. Age 77
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
Oh honey I'm so sorry! I lost my Dad about 2 years ago, I know how you feel. I also lost my best friend and husband of 34 years July 8, 2012. He was 58.  One minute I was talking to him and the next he was dead on the floor. I'm just putting on foot in front of the other right now. I had to move two weeks after my husband died. I packed up the house one box at a time. I'm 60 and that was a very hard thing to do so soon after his passing. I'm living with my 90 year old Mom. I'm taking care of her.

To lose your Father Wow!!! There are no words to express the feelings. It is so painful. I know it was for me. When my husband died suddenly I've been in total shock! My Dad was a sudden death also.

I do think because you and your Dad had such a great connection in life it will continue in death. Give it some time you will be surprised. Take care of yourself. Make sure to eat! Get some sleep!The first thing you do is BREATH!!!!!!!! I have learned that I'm much stronger than I ever thought I was. I am Woman! God bless! Take care. Smile when you can. Take time for yourself everyday. Don't forget to scream! The car is the best place.          Hugs     Miki